You will often hear people tell the benefits of the Kitchen Garden. Although the real purpose of making it is not to provide health and nutrition to your family. Here we will discus about benefits of kitchen gardening.
Kitchen Garden is a better way to get healthy and brain peace sitting in the home, It can become an excellent hobby for Anyone.
Generally, people grow vegetables like tomatoes, coriander, chili in the courtyard of their house. Many people are a hobby to grow different vegetables according to different seasons.
Domestic women can create a kitchen garden as a hobby in their free time. By the way, the Kitchen Garden has many advantages.
As the use of empty land, the availability of fresh vegetables throughout the year, excellent quality vegetables, nutrition edition, etc. It has many spiritual benefits that are often ignored.
Every level of planting plants, weeding, irrigation, and horticulture teaches us the way of happiness and time.
Gardening or kitchen-gardening is also essential for our mental health. It is a type of meditation.
Spiritual Benefits of Kitchen Gardening
- Touch of nature
- Positive effect on health
- Physical and mental benefits
- Realization of patience, peace, and beauty
Grow a kitchen garden like this:
Make the kitchen garden in the open land in the courtyard or backyard. For this, loose soil, which is a good quantity of fibers, is appropriate.
1. Prepare the soil from the Cultivator machine for planting on the ground.
2. There are many types of composts, such as organic, chemical, organic compost, available. Use Organic Manure.
3. Sow the seeds of the vegetable you want to grow. We may sow the roots of vegetables like radish, turnip, fenugreek, spinach, cucumber, bitter gourd, gourd, lady-finger directly in the soil. Plants of tomato, chili, mint, etc., are planted.
4. Take care of water and fertilizer from time to time—rescue plants from weeds.
If there is any doubt, take the help of a book-related to the kitchen garden.
To make Terrace Garden, waterproofing of the roof is essential, with brick and mesh.
If you are a working woman and she likes to spend peacefully at some time after returning tired.
If you want an open environment like a restaurant or park, then the Terrace Garden is a good option for you.
Due to the lack of time, often working women do not come anywhere, then you can create a terrace garden to spend a little meter. Terrace Gardening is very popular nowadays.
On the roof of your house, you can make it green and fragrant. Its cost is not too much.
This corner of the house will give you many comforts. You can make your garden from these steps-
1. Plan First
First of all, you plan to see how you see your roof. If there is no problem with space and money, you can make your Terrace Garden Beautiful using many goods-like Rox, Gajibo, Water Bodies, and other things.
2. Prepare Compost for Protection from Pests
Regularly use fertilizer in 15 to 30 days. Use herbal neem oil (Azadirachta indica) regularly for two-three months intervals for removing insects.
3. Prepare Waterproof Floor
Before you prepare your garden, ready to make your roof waterproof. Your roof floor will work under the base of your garden. You cannot put soil directly on your top to grow plants.
First of all, you place the paved brick on the roof because the raw brick melts and impedes the clearance. After that, put a wire mesh on it.
It prevents your soil from entering the bricks. It will not spoil the roof and will increase the greenery on the top.
4. Create a Drainage System
The second important thing is to take care of the clearance or drainage system. This facility should be available on Terrace. If there was no evacuation of water, it could harm your building.
5. Water the Plants Regularly
Check the plants before giving water. Give water to plants every morning and keep it near the sunlight. If the soil of the plants is wet, do not give water.
More water seems to rot. If you notice that the plants are drying or yellow, you can keep plants within the house for the day.
Benefits of Fertilizer, Tips to Prepare fertilizers for Kitchen Gardening.
Just as food and other creatures are essential for survival and increase, the plants also require nutrients for growth and production.
In the absence of these nutrients, the development of plants stops and the decrease in yields.
How many types of compost are and how can they prepare?
You can make compost manure by the terrible waste of home, kitchen, and garden. Dump leaves, twigs, plant residues, stubs, roots, fruits, and vegetables in a pit ready for compost and closed, turning them into rotting manure.
You can prepare it by rotten dung of cattle, sheep, goats, horse or chicken, etc. It is a complete fertilizer, in which bacteria are found in plenty and are nitrogenous.
Do not use the above dung fresh, as it can also kill plants and cause termite infestation.
Leaf Manure or Leaf Mold
In the spring season, the leaves fall in large quantities from the surrounding trees.
You can prepare leaf compost by collecting those leaves and rotten plants or grasses etc., grown in the garden.
This manure is rich in organic matter, i.e., rich in nutrients. Very useful in making clay for pots.
It is slow-acting manure containing 4 to 5 percent nitrogen and 20-25 percent phosphorus. It is a good compost for delicate and slow-growing plants.
You may give Khali manure to the plants in the form of slurry. Thaw 250 grams mustard cake in 2 liters of water. After about five days, pour the solution of this cake into the roots of the plants. It will improve the growth of the plants.
Fertilizer is also Essential
To improve soil fertility and increase productivity, You can use. It contains many types of nutrients for plants like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, etc.
Adding this helps the plants to grow well and keep them healthy. You can add it to your home garden and plants.
These are helpful in the growth of green parts of plants and pulverizing vegetables such as urea.
Aids in root growth, disease resistance, tuber and pod formation, quality improvement, and maturation such as superphosphate.
This fertilizer is essential for the growth of underground plants or crops, such as potassium sulfate and muriate of potash.
You can grow Money Plants in Soil or Water. Follow these tips for Kitchen Gardening.
The money plant’s name comes first when planting a plant in a room plant or garden of homes. Many people believe that applying it brings money.
Although, this is a Proverb. Yes, money plants not only enhance the beauty of the house but also purify the air.
There are much variety of money plants, like light-colored color.
Suppose there are small leaves in anybody, big leaves in someone. The funny thing is that you can grab the money plant in both soil and water.
So let’s know how to put money plants?
What are the requirements?
- Money plant cutting, in which there are at least three-four nodes,
- Planter / flowerpot
- Clay or water
In this way, set up a money plant in water.
- Keep in mind that there should be at least 3-4 nodes and leaves while cutting the money plant.
- This cutting should be completely fresh. It’s not dry or alley from anywhere.
- Now take a planter. You can take a glass bottle, an old mug, or a stone pot without a hole.
- Take so much water in the planter that only the lower part will remain in the water after applying the cuttings in it. The leaf has to be protected from moisture.
- The water should not be salty. Clean and use salt water with standard filters.
- After taking water, apply cuttings and keep it in a place where there is fresh air.
- Keep in mind that there should not be direct sunlight.
- It can be placed near the window, on the stairs, or on the balcony.
- Change water at least 2-3 times a week.
- Roots will begin to form in these cuttings in about a week.
In 10-12 days, these cuttings will start taking the form of plants. You can then transplant these to individual planters.
Employ money plant like this in soil
- Although you can plant money plants at any time of the year, avoid planting them in very winter or sweltering summer. The best temperature for this is above 20 degrees and below 35 degrees.
- First of all, prepare a potting mix in which mix cocopeat and compost with the soil.
- If you want, you can make a hole in the pot below. Or can also use a hole less pool.
- For soil, it is necessary to have at least 3-4 nodes and leaves in the cutting of the money plant.
- Now press the part of the nodes into the soil and the leaf part upwards.
- Only give water so that the soil becomes wet.
- Do not keep this money plant in direct sunlight.
- Giving only enough water from time to time to keep the soil moist does not fill too much.
In about 20 days, cuttings the money plant will start making plants.
Keep in mind like this.
- Regularly change the water in the water plant.
- If a dry leaf looks, then you cut it immediately.
- Keep cutting and regularly pruning in the plant.
- In between, keep giving some manure in the money plant.
These Vegetables grow in their Kitchen garden without any remarkable hard work.
Many people will have things to grow vegetables in their home. It is not a new thing. The first people used to produce many green vegetables in their homes.
The villages are still grown, but it has become challenging to get empty land in front of the house and behind in urban dwellings.
After the uphold system, this tradition has broken.
We are going to talk about some vegetables here, which you can also grow in your grams.
Vegetables of Arum also, greens, and dumplings from the leaves.
Arum is easy to grow. If the pots are at your house, it is okay. Otherwise, you should fill the house with empty plastic buckets, tubs, cans, old tires, or empty drums and give arum sacks.
To sow, all that has to be done is to buy vegetables from the market. Cut it or apply a small size of arum directly.
In some time, you will see Arum plants coming out. You can make greens and dumplings from the leaves as they grow.
Arum is also prepared under the soil after the plant is ready. Vitamins (Vitamin-A, C, E, B-6), minerals, fiber, and carbohydrates are found in plenty.
Make sauce with mint, garnishing the food as well.
Mint sauce is very much liked in our food here. If the peppermint is added to the food garnishing, its aroma increases the appetite.
The remarkable thing is that you can grow it quickly in your home.
Whenever you bring mint from the market next time, take out its leaves and put the stalks in the pot.
Apply seven to eight stalks at a time so that one takes root. It will make the new plant easily prepared.
Make sauce with green coriander, also increase the taste of vegetables.
We have a practice of putting green coriander leaves in every vegetable in our food. From cheese to dry vegetables, people finally sprinkle some chopped green coriander.
It is easy to grow. If you have coriander seeds, then put them in your house pots. Usually, its plants come out. Also, make coriander sauce.
Also, make the sauce with green onions and increase the flavor of the vegetable.
People add spices to many vegetables by grinding or chopping green onions. It increases the flavor of the vegetable. Also, some people make sauce from it.
Not only this, green onions are rich in vitamins A, C, B, copper, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and thiamine.
The best thing is that growing green onions is not difficult at all.
The next time the onion kept in your house starts sprouting, instead of putting it in the garbage, put it in a pot. After giving regular water for six to seven days, its leaves become pliable.
Many people are now growing amateur chilies, tomatoes, gourd, luffa in pots at home.
I’ll pause it here. Was it helpful to you? If you like this post, please tell us. Thank you for reading this article.
However, You may send us your suggestions or experiences in the form of comments, and we will feel good.